Still haunted by Household Finance/Beneficial

CLM

I recently DV'd HSEHLD Finance/Beneficial regarding an account I believe belongs to my father. Although I requested several pieces of information,

• What the debt you say I owe is for;

• Explain how you calculated what you say I owe;

• Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;

• Show me that you are licensed in my state, and provide me with your license number

I further requested that, since you have reported me to the three credit reporting companies, you must tell them that I do not agree with this debt and that you provide me with proof that you have done so.

The only thing they sent was a contract bearing a signature that did not look like mine. Furthermore, this one particular account is listed three times all showing different account balances. First, if this is just one account, how can it be listed 3 times? Second, how can I have this consolidated into one account on my CR until the dispute is resolved? Does anyone have a sample letter I can use to send to the CA to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Send them another letter and state the facts; This is not my account. You believe it belongs to a family member. Remind them of their responsibilities under the FCRA to report accurate information. You can dispuate again with the CRAs as well. To these monkeys point out that the so called proof you received from the creditor shows that this account is not yours and remind them too of the FCRA. You can read the FCRA here and from that you can pull out the relevent section and cut/paste it into your letters.

If you still get nowhere after you have given them time to respond, then its time to draft an ITS letter for the CRAs and the OC.

A couple of things; did your DV go to a CA or to the OC? Is your father still around? If he is, is it possible he will take responsibility for this debt?

Thanks! I'll send another letter to the CA stating just the facts as you've suggested. But what about the signed contract they've already sent as part of their attempt to validate? Even though the signature doesn't appear to be mine, it looks like it's going to be pretty difficult to prove this debt, more than likely, belongs to my father. Unfortunately, my father cannot take responsibility for this debt. He passed away last year.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ITS letter?

ITS=Intent to Sue.

The other thing to consider in your letter is that they did not validate the debt according to what is required by the FDCPA. Tell them that too. Also, find out about the licensing/bonding requirements for your state. There is a sticky post in the lawyer forum that shows them by state. Once you find that out, there are other sticky posts that show how to lookup if the CA is lincensed to collect in your state if that is required. A lot of times they are not. If you find out your state requires it and they are not licensed, more ammo for your letter. If you really do think this is your father's then tell them its his and he died and there is no estate to pay the debt.

Good Luck!