rjm acquisitions

these fine people appeared in sept/03 saying i owed them 8k,they are new owners of debt not collector well sent verification letter 11/02 they sent back letter from oc saying debt was bought 9/27/03 but letter dated 1/21/04 and 3 last statements 1,2,3/99 been getting letters with better offers to settle orig.10888 then 8k then 6k now double credit offer i give 4k they say they give 4k but i know they will reage if i contact them so i sent d/v letter 7/15/04 lets see what happens! btw my ficos are equifax 780! experian 672! transunion 627! they obviosly are on the last two ,any thoughts or advice,i will listen thank you all!!!

If they re-age it, they are in violation.

Look at Coppola v. Arrow Financial Services. It pretty much explains what is not considered "private or confidential" information and outlines what they must supply to you if requested (ie: how much they actually paid for the debt, how they acquired it, etc).

yes they reaged it from 3/99 to 9/2003 and claim to not be a collection agency yet they want the debt would those two violations be enough to tell them buzz off or send i.t.s. letter? even though they sent empty envelope i feel compeled to give them 30 days

There is no time limit for them to complete validation. However, they cannot continue collection activity until validation is presented.

An "unwritten" rule (not enforceable at all by FDCPA) is that 30 days is sufficient for some kind of response from them - either validation, or a letter stating they are contacting the creditor for the requested information. With that in mind, if they do not supply validation, the entry is damaging your credit, and you should take the position that "they had their chance" and move to get it removed.

• 2 weeks later...

i just did a three credit report and rjm is still reporting to experian and trans union infact it says that it is a open account on tu, it does not say in dispute and i have not received dv from them as i asked 11/2003 and 7/14/20004 should i goe for ca and cra's jugular?

thanks i will start monday ,what actions do you recommend and in what order i'm 1 year away from sol but i doubt they are prepared unless they have been reading these post,thanks again and i will keep you informed of results,glennsie both cra's and rjm are gonna get papered!

this is what i sent to ftc,they(rjm) sent letter stating they were my new creditor,claimed i owed them 10884.11 gave me vague information .i sent them a letter asking for validation 11/02/03 and received another claim offering me a 20% discount i sent another letter asking for validation 7/04 have not rcvd a response, continuing collection activity before furnishing validation is a fcra violation they reaged the account from 3/99 to 9/03 which is a violation of frca and they claimed they are not a collection company which is another violation.feel free to contact me for more informaion,copies off all letters etc. thank you very much ,glenn any thoughts? what did i do wrong?thanks

well i received a response from ftc regarding my problem,that seemed positive,have goten the the attorney general yet,sending harsher letter out tomorrow,sort of 3rd validation and a letter to trans and experian on why it is not marked in dispute wish me luck!

i just rcvd trans union, ca somehow verified? past due $65000 and placed 9/03 wow reaged and 65000, i disputed again last nite asking for deletion because i have not gotten validation,i'm gonna keep hammering the crap out of them both now,btw disputed paid charge offs with all cra's and deleted 3 w/eq 1w/ex 2 w/trans persitance pays off!!! ps, oc was at 8000?

quite a diff

• 4 months later...

your not going to believe this one but thanks to chod and 2 and 1/2 dv's to rjm my collection account is permanently closed and deleted from all cra's it true i checked if i did not read this groups post and ask questions i would be screwed thank you everyone now all i have to do is tell experian to raise my 665 to over 710 but i called EVERY 1888 number they have tonite maybe it will take a week? anyway persistance pays off dont stop cmrrr's and phone call it works

9/2002 eq 550 12/2004 eq747

ex 510 ex665

tu 523 tu708