How do I stop this merry-go-round?

breathing_easier

Since July 2003 I have had one negative, erroneous TL on my CR passed among four-count-'em-four collection agencies. The latest just popped up on Experian (but not the others) and was a bit of a surprise as they have yet to send me a demand letter or contact me by phone. Sent DV letters to the previous three but nary a peep out of any of them (gee, could it be 'cuz the debt IS NOT VALID??). Now I have to start the process all over again with yet another yahoo CA. The third company was Sherman and I must admit that I'm quite surprised that they weren't more obnoxious than they were, given what's been posted about them here. Now it's in the hands of Cavalry, which has listed itself as an "investment firm" (yeah, right) in my TL on Equifax. Any ideas on how to make this stop?

There is some consolation in that Experian has verified the Sherman TL (did it in six days start to finish) when Sherman never validated and never even attempted to validate. Sherman also failed to mark the TL in dispute. If nothing else, I'll have fun drafting my ITS letters.

If Sherman is still reporting the account after it has gone to Calvary, you need to get their attention with an ITS. As to your present situation, send a DV with a limited C&D to Calvary with copies of all previous letters and green cards. Since you will be including this information, you will surely advise them of your intent as this is clearly a violation, etc. Give them 10 days (plus 5 more for snail mail) from receipt of your letter, use the date on the signature card to count from, to postmark a letter to you clearly showing they have closed account, deleted, and are now eating Maggot Droppings. If they fail, you will not hesitate to pursue any and all avenues.

Thanks, retmar. Yep, both Sherman and Cavalry are now reporting on Experian. It is just so annoying that they don't even bother to acknowledge a DV letter but still report and then pass it on to yet another CA. Equally annoying that EX doesn't do their job and "verifies" without even talking to Sherman. Just think what life would be like if there was no FCRA. :shock: