Everybody read! Important "Confused"

Romeol99

Why do this site gives you lots and lots of information regarding debt settlement and to become debt free, but however, advertises credit card application and special offers on credit like you never had one... Shouldn't this website prevent you from even looking at credit cards!!!!!!!!! New line of credit should be the least advertised in this site, but however, it's the most...

Confused, very Confused..Is it just me? :?

It states that this card reports to XXX CRA on one I think...possible this is put up to get the good credit rolling again for ppl in that position..and im sure...they pay her to put it up....credit is a two edged sword...as advertised..the card she has up,if you are accepted..will report how you use it..if paying on time...good credit marks...if your in the habbit of abusing cards..self explanitory what will happen.I havent looked at the offers on this site..buts its possible they may be secure cards...anyhow...im sure thats the intent of having them here.

Romeol99,

This site tries to cover all aspects of credit - from repairing it right up to obtaining new credit. We caution people all the time on how not to end up in the same spot again, but there has to be a level of self-control.

Someone else's temptation or individual situation should not cause others who have worked on their credit and fiscal responsibility to be punished by not getting information on obtaining new credit cards.

FYI, those cards are not unsecured credit cards - they are much more restrictive.

Besides, once you spend a year or more trying to fix the mess you got into before, it's unlikely you'll do the same thing over again. At least, that's how it normally goes.

I messed up my credit as bad as anyone else (scores all under 500 at one point), and now that I've gotten back on my feet and a new $6500 in credit, I now know how to RESPECT that.

I know how to keep my utilization under control. I know how it feels to work my butt off trying to fix my mistakes. I know how it feels to see "DENIED" anytime I want to do anything. I know how it feels to not even be able to rent a car if I need to.

Having credit is a good thing - as long as you know how to use it correctly and responsibly. Kristy is just trying to get people back on their feet AFTER they learned from their past. Which, I must say, has worked quite well for a lot of us on here.

:D