Capital One validated.. now what?

zerwas

I have a capital one account that they properly validated. I tried settling with them along with the stipulations such as either "pay for delete", "paid in full", etc. They just absolutely refuse to just either delete the account once it is paid or even give it a neutral rating. The only thing they where willing to give me is "Paid charge off". Now this being said... the SOL is over in another 6 month's. What should I do. I only owe around $1200 and dont have a problem paying it but do not want the negative listing on my credit report. What options am I left with??? What else can I try to get this item removed? This is only reported on my Experian and of course I have already reached the maximum number of times that they will investigate this account (previously investigated). Any info is appreciated.

EX will investigate again if you provide a different reason (they have to or they violate the FCRA). They can't claim frivolous if you provide new information.

If you are more concerned about credit rating than money, then I suggest you wait until the SoL expires, then hire a lawyer* to negotiate a pay for delete settlement. Since the SoL would be expired, they would get bumpkis unless they agree to your terms.

*A lawyer will be able to do this properly so that they can't renig on the agreement or renew the SoL on you.