Reporting 120+ Days Late on a Paid Collection

breathing_easier

Actually I have a few entries like this on all three reports. It will say "120+ Days Late" in the "Account Status" column but "Paid Collection" or "Settled for Less than Full Balance" in the "Comments" section. Kristy, if you're out there, I had a one-on-one consult with you several months back and I remember your making the comment that how could it be both 120+ Days Late and a paid collection or settled, etc. Happily, I've gotten rid of some of the bigger negatives on all three reports (except for EX which is verifying Sherman when Sherman has not responded to my DV letters--grrrr) and am now ready to tackle some of the lesser negatives. Yes, I know a "Paid Collection" isn't a "small" thing, but at least it's reporting a $0 balance and is almost two years old. I will work on getting the entire TL deleted but if that fails I would like to hear your suggestions on how to go about disputing the "120+ Days Late." I'm not counting on the CRAs showing good sense and saying, "Well, you're right! How can this account be both "Paid" and "120+ Days Past Due? We'll correct that right this very minute!" :? Seriously, any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Well jeez, when you highlighted Kristy I stopped reading the thread - thought you were directing it only to admin. :?

Look at section 623 Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies in the FCRA. That's all you need to alert anyone to if they are reporting incorrect information to the CRA's.

Well jeez, when you highlighted Kristy I stopped reading the thread - thought you were directing it only to admin. :?

Look at section 623 Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies in the FCRA. That's all you need to alert anyone to if they are reporting incorrect information to the CRA's.

And when he/she highlighted Doc we bumped heads. :p

And when he/she highlighted Doc we bumped heads. :p

I highlight user names just to make everyone feel special. :lol: And aren't the two Docs one and the same?? And what is this mysterious former sig you refer to? I was AWOL from the boards for a few months so must have missed it. Darn.

Okay, back to the subject at hand. I was told by one OC that even though I paid the account in full, since I did it after chargeoff (man, how I wish I'd found this board before then) then they are correct in reporting "Rate or Status" as "120+ Days Past Due" as that was what it was at the time of chargeoff. They have indicated "Paid collection" in the comments section, but I think "Rate or Status" is what FICO looks at. Of course, methinks that the OC is full of beans. However, want to know what everyone else thinks before I get nasty with them.

And aren't the two Docs one and the same??

NO. I don't drink during the day, and I would never fall directly into my pool. :p

To reply to the subject at hand, they are not correct in their reporting if they are reporting 120 days late as the current status. That moron you spoke to needs to go back to working the fryer at Wendy's.

And aren't the two Docs one and the same??

NO. I don't drink during the day, and I would never fall directly into my pool. :p

To reply to the subject at hand, they are not correct in their reporting if they are reporting 120 days late as the current status. That moron you spoke to needs to go back to working the fryer at Wendy's.

I told you it was the night before.

Not to say that there ain't some good sippin' whiskey in my desk drawer. :wink: