Palisades Collection, LLC

cabledude

Watch out for these guys and keep ALL of your paperwork. I recently settled in full an account with them for my wife. They indicated they would update all CRA's with a settled in full status. I know not the best of terms on the wording, but I got them to settle for 1/2. In my mind a pretty good deal considering that my wife's credit is not the one we rely on day to day.

Anyhow I check her PG today and guess what? They updated Experian with the 50% payment, but show the rest as outstanding and past due. I'm going to wait a few more days and see what they do for the rest. I suspect they will all update the same.

My strategy will first be to send all the CRA's the paperwork and demand deletion based on the records. I'm hoping them not holding up their bargin will end up in a few deletes.

If they verify the information and do not delete I will then send off an ITS letter to Palisades, but I'm going to take my chances first with the CRA's for a firm deletion. These guys appear to be one that gives the Collection Industry a bad name. What BS.

Anyone have any other thoughts besides going to New Jersey with a loaded shot gun???

These are the scumbags that I won a SCC suit against.

They lie, keep terrible records, are under-handed and extremely slow in responding to anything. As a matter of fact (court date was on May 4th), I still have a Contempt of Court and Sanctions motion before the court now - they have refused to pay the court ordered reimbursement of my court costs!

I, too, hope that you got this agreement in writing.

Yep. I've been lurking around here WAY to much to miss that. They gave me the settlement in writing and then even sent me a confirmation letter.

My gut feel is that they hope you forget about it and then down the road when you go for a mortgage or something the lender will demand the other 1/2 be paid. Of couse they won't have any records, right? These guys appear to ones that give collectors a bad name!!!