Removing tax lien

natural

The DV won't work in this case. Does the Assessor agree that the information is incorrect? If so, write to them CMRR and clearly explain the situation. Ask for a letter from them referring to the account and that it is being reported in error and must be deleted. If it is just reporting as unpaid, when it is paid, then I doubt if you can get it deleted, only corrected. But, it does not hurt to try. An example is your letter lets them know that by reporting incorrect information, you have suffered and, for that reason, you want it deleted. you get the idea.

Thanks Retmar. The info is/was actually incorrect. I first found out about it when I refi'd my house back in February. My wife and I owned a retail store before we owned a Cingular wireless retail location. In my state they pro-rate your taxes quarterly based on your previous quarters sales tax figure. When we got out of retail, and went to Wireless retail, very little if money changed hands...because alot of our items are free with a contract. So they dunned me for 800.00 when they shouldn't have. My wife called and they took it off at the court house, but the lien is still showing on my taxes. I'm sure we can work something out. Thanks.....