old medical bills now with CA

op_crdt_repair

I have been doing a lot of research on repairing my credit scores. I am now in Opperation Credit Repair :D But how do I deal with old medical bills. My DH has one from 2000 that we were paing on and then we quit getting bills from them and during that time we had a job loss so I really didn't realize we were not getting bills. BUT there system quit sending out the bills and 2 yrs later we get a letter stating Sorry computer quit sending your bill you still owe XX amount and then we get a letter from collections. CA got it in 2002. Does SOL start in 2000 or 2002. Should I send a letter to verify first or just go with the SOL? We have never paid CA on this account. I didn't keep anything.

The SOL begins from the date of Last Activity, which would be the date you made the last payment. A Medical Bill is considered an Open Account for SOL purposes.

As to resolving this, my opinion is to contact the Doctor personally, if a private, or the Administrator, if a Hospital. Explain from Page 1 as to what happened. Tell them that you want to resolve this in an amicable way, but, you will not deal with their assignee as you have no trust in CA's, plus, if they did violate you, you do not want the OC in trouble as they could possibly be held liable for the actions of their CA. I say this as since you did make payments in the past, a DV will not suffice as you have already admitted to the debt.