Thx Morrow, others. Got my first bank card with Union Plus!

I got my first bank card from Union Plus (household)!! (after fixing my credit). I'm all excited. My credit limit is $1500. I was thinking that if I even got accepted it would be $500 max!

Even though I’ve successfully gotten rid of all negative items on my credit reports, and my score had shot up to 720, it dropped because I refinanced a couple of accounts and got 2 relatively new loans that had balances so my score was in the mid 600s. However, for some reason one of those loans wasnt showing on my EQ so my score was 693. So I need a creditor that only pulled EQ and I found this thread:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11813&highlight=equifax

Especially when Morrow said the UP card was the first card she got after all her credit problems (and others had said UP pulled EQ) I decided to go for it (I had already been rejected by Providian).

I applied online and got the response that thye would be contacting me within 20 days with a decision as my account needed further review! So I called them ans asked about this and they asked me a bunch of questions to confirm my identity. I had forgotten about the fraud alert I put on my credit report. It had been at least 6 months ago and I thought the fraud alert would fall off after a certain amount of time. Anyway he asked me all these questions, put me on hold and then goes Congratulations you are approved!! Whoooo.

Thanks again for the info guys! This site is such a good resource.

P.S. Someone made the comment that you have to be a union member to get this card: that is not true! I just picked a union from the pull down list. I didnt even put in the union number they asked for.

I'm happy for you! That's wonderful.

Unfortunately when I called and asked about union membership (dh's union wasn't listed on the drop down menu) she said they are starting to verify membership to avoid those who don't actually belong--(not sure how far reaching that will be or what they'll do to verify, but she said it is a problem that they're looking into) thankfully I'm still a member w/ the Machinists and dh is a member w/ Sheetmetal. But it'll be awhile yet until we apply.

Have fun with your card and spread that good luck MY way if ya could! :)

Elyse

CONGRATS!! Im so happy you decided to apply!! Use it wisely, and maintain on time payments for 6 months and then call and insist on a rate reduction to 9.9% We've also gotten regular CLI every six months too!

You just called and they gave you 9.9% after 6 months? Was yours 17.9% before?

AWSOME. I'll remember that in December. :D

You just called and they gave you 9.9% after 6 months? Was yours 17.9% before?

AWSOME. I'll remember that in December. :D

CM:

DW just called last week to Union Plus as it has been 6 months for us. We have paid more than the minimum and even paid $900 one month. Our balance is about 50% of the $3000 limit. They would not lower our interest rate now even after threatening to balance transfer the whole card to our BoA - however, they immediately gave us a $1500 CLI. If you have better success, please let us know!

Good job ElorraM on the new card!

:D

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes! I well definitely be calling them after 6 months.

If anything I am too anal about making all of my payments on time, because I know what a nightmare bad credit can be. I set it up with my bank online—Bank of America—so all of my payments are automatically send out each month (with their bill paying system) so I don’t have to worry about it. Thankfully, I make enough money now where I can do that. Thank god college is over =).

If you can believe this, when I got my Rich's card when I was 20 I did not even know that they reported it to the credit bureaus when you were late. I didn’t even really think about at all. I was so ignorant!

I hope all of you have a great weekend!