Pay off advise

3stripes

I am looking for some input of my situation.

This is the story, I have a debt which is about two years old and less than 100.00. I would really like pay this off and get this off my back.

Now this is where the advise is needed.... This debt is not listed on my CR by the OC but just the CRA (NCO by the way). If I pay the OC will they then list it on my CR, and what will happen to the CRA listing. Also what is the best way of going about this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for the response... Now what should I ask them to write in this letter and how do I know they will send it. Do I pay over the phone or do I wait till this letter arrives to pay.

I know alot of questions, but I just want to make sure I get it right.

You will have to pay before they do anything. Find out who the CEO if the OC is. Address your letter to that person. Tell him you have great respect fo r his organization, you've been a loyal cutomer, balh blah blah, but you ran in to a rough patch and his bill got lost in your shuffle. However, you want to make good so you are paying them directly, and adding a bit more for their time and trouble. Or, if it is a big company with a charitable fnd or special charity, send the extra to that charity in the CEO's name. All this to expres your goodwill. In return, ask for his goodwill, i.e., you ask that he instruct the CA to delete the account from the CRAs. Remind him that a " paid" collection account is still a negative mark, it does no real good. Remind him that the CA will not do it if you ask, but will do it if the OC tells it to. Then ask that he send you a copy of his demand to the CA. Give him a deadline to respond. Send it first class mail, certified, marked "personal, not official" so he will get it. Follow up by phone or letter if you don't hear within 10 days.

I've done this with two hospital bills that got out of hand as I wrangled with the insurance company. You may have luck, too.