Paid Medical Collection

Tiara

I know when I was on my initial credit repair process there was many postings about medical collections that I'm unable to seem to find right now. I have a medical collection on my account that is listed as paid. I paid the Hospital directly and not the CA. I disputed the collection account as not mine on my credit reports but it came back verified. How should I go about disputing this now?

The collection was placed on your reports after you paid the hospital, by a CA who had nothing to do with the collection?

Report that CA immediately to the FTC and the Attorney General's office for the state they are located in.

They are violating FCRA section 623 for reporting incorrect information to the CRAs, and FDCPA 807 for falsely reporting the character of the debt - you didn't pay them, they had nothing to do with it.

Dispute as "to be deleted upon receipt of payment per agreement with creditor", then write a letter to the facility you owed the debt to and tell them you were told the collection entry was going to be deleted when they received payment.