Encore said they are calling me on my 800 number

legend

How can I prove Encore is in fact calling my toll free number to collect on an invalidated debt? I asked the guy "Ryan" what number he is calling me on and he said the only number they have is the 800 number.

Do I have to take them to court to get their phone records or what do I have to do? I told him that he can not call my toll free number in trying to collect a debt and he said thats the only number he had. I told him he should have used the US mail.

If this is a company line where you work that they are calling, have a chat with the person in charge of your telecommunications department. Most businesses use ISDN type services and can run a TADS report off the phone switch to see the incoming call numbers. Tell your telcom dept manager that you are being harrassed by an outside caller and need dates and times of the calls to file civil suit against them. You should have no trouble getting the info.