Midland not validating but still sending collection letters!

I need help again :? . I have read alot in this forum, but still unclear on what I should do next. I sent DV to midland. They responded with the "help us by sending what information you have on this account to better help us resolve this matter" letter. Basically telling me to tell on myself(actually my husband's account). anyway, i ignored that letter as was advised to do on here and for my own thoughts as well. Now, i am recieving collection letters again offering settlement amounts, none of them mentioning my DV, and still no proof of debt owed/owned has been sent. I looked up Midland Credit Management, Inc and do not see them with a license in FL, as well as I emailed the address on this site to the State which they replied to me as "after a diligent search, we find no records of this business". here is the one problem I am struggling with....this account is only 3 years and from what i am reading, SOL for unsecured debt in FL is 4 years. (this is a household/orchard bank account). So....do i send another DV along with a copy of the email from the state showing they are not licensed to collect in FL :twisted: , or is that too bold since the SOL is not expired? Please offer any suggestion to help me with this issue. also, i pulled equifax report last night, and do not see them reporting as of yet but I have not checked TU or EX to see if they reported to them.

thanks for any assistance offered :idea: ...it is very much appreciated!

Report them to the FTC and the Attorney General in the state they are located in.

Section 809 of the FDCPA strictly forbids a CA to continue collection until validation is provided:

(B) If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.

THANKS Doc Don! that also poses a dilema for me....which state do i use. the letters are coming from a PO box in CA, which is also where i sent the DV. however, when i went to MCM website, it lists an address(not PO BOX) in AZ and an address in CA(not PO BOX) as well. so...which state do i call? Apparently MCM is a subsidiary of Encore Capital, which also has no license in FL(I thought I should check that too) But lists "our locations" as AZ/CA. P.S. there also is a list of emails for this company...any thought on emailing a higher up about these antics :idea: ? THANKS again??

Looks like Cali would be the one to go with. And no, don't bother emailing the company. They've been fined before, they don't care. It's worth it to them to get $100K from people they can get to pay via illegal tactics as compared to a $1,000 fine when they get caught.

• 2 weeks later...

I used this address with Midland

Midland Credit Management

PO Box 939019

San Diego, CA 92193-9019

I had a CA acct from Midland (MBNA sold it to them)

I DVed and disputed with the CRAs. Midland responded with bogus letter and no validation. I responded with a letter saying they have not provided validation and they violated the continued collection activity. Haven't heard from them since. All 3 CRAs deleted the Midland Acct, however now it was re-inserted on Fri on EQ. I'm going to wait to see if they notify me of re-insertion and then send EQ a letter.

I think it was deleted by the CRas because Midland never responded to their investigation.

I used this address with Midland

Midland Credit Management

PO Box 939019

San Diego, CA 92193-9019

I had a CA acct from Midland (MBNA sold it to them)

I DVed and disputed with the CRAs. Midland responded with bogus letter and no validation. I responded with a letter saying they have not provided validation and they violated the continued collection activity. Haven't heard from them since. All 3 CRAs deleted the Midland Acct, however now it was re-inserted on Fri on EQ. I'm going to wait to see if they notify me of re-insertion and then send EQ a letter.

I think it was deleted by the CRas because Midland never responded to their investigation.