Newbie here with questions I need help desperatley

jabberpoo

:cry: I am jjust getting started and need your help desperately. I have a Chase and Discover cc I have made arrangement with Discover but have not yet with Chase it has been six months since I made a payment. They are calling saying I only a a few days left to settle this. What should I do if I start making regular payments on time will it help me? I own a home with my husband will they able to put a lien on my home? The cc are in my name only. Will I ever be able to refinance with these problems? Please help me I getting sick over this............................ :cry:

Contact the OC and set up the best arrangements you can to fit your budget. They will more than likely not want to agree with your plan which is normal because they want their money. Some ideas are to ask them to reage the debt which will bring you current and start over again, offer the minimum plus $25.00 extra a month, then will add another $25.00 a month in 3 months, or will pay all past if they will waive the late fees. Use your own judgment to arrive at what is best for you. At this point I would not argue about getting lates deleted at this time. Wait until you have made an agreement, received it in writing, and made suffficient payments towards the acocunt.

how much do you owe to each card? You need to take care of this lates are not great to have on a credit report but CHARGE OFFS ae really bad - take care of it before they charge this off - you may want to check your Credit reports to make sure they haven't all ready.

Asking them to reage the debt is the way to go if you don't want a chargeoff and if you have the funds to to pay the cc down.

You didn't explain the circumstances that led to this. Any life event that happened? Do you have credit protector on your cards?

If you're getting nowhere, use www.planetfeedback to state your case.

Good Luck.