quit claim deed

dani

Our mortgage is presently in my husband and his ex-wife's name. He had a quit claim deed drawn up for the land, but never the house.

We are refinancing, and now we need to do another quit claim deed for our home. The problem is... we have no idea where she is except for the fact she lives somewhere in Texas. She is indigent and tends to shack up where ever she can. Even if we did find her, I doubt she would take the time to have her statement notorized. (They have been divorced since '96)

Do any of you have any idea around this?

Thanks for your help!

~Dani

You are going to need a real estate attorney for this. And a real estate attorney, I am not. I have seen this type of scenario elsewhere. I will drop you a PM here and send you to a site that may give you some idea of how to get this rolling.

Have you tried the lawyer's section here. These guys are good. About all I can say is it may have to do with the term called "Partition," and I will not even attempt to elaborate, because you do not need to get heresay and incorrect information.

I wanted to follow this thread up.

After calling upteen people from DH's past, we finally got a hold of her. She is willing to sign it and we will be done. YAY!

Thank you for your suggestions!