Hurry...quick question!!

morrow

Im leaving for Eastern WA in about a half hour, and I need to know something....I got a notice from the post office saying that I had a certified letter that needed to be picked up. Seeing how I dont know what the hell else it could be besides a collection of some sort, Im wondering....If I dont go pick it up....technically have they contacted me about it....in other words, do I have to pick it up in order to be "served?"

Hope that makes sense. :?

Not if it requires a siggy. In cases of a summons, for example (Michigan), a signed CMRRR is considered "served".

Besides, they'll do a second attempt and then tell you the date the letter will be sent back - it'll be there waiting for you when you come back.

Taking a little trip this weekend?

On your notice it should have the zip code of the sender. If not, call the P.O. and ask them who the sender is. They've been good about giving me this info over the phone, maybe it'll work for you.

Might not be a CA. Don't ruin your weekend by worrying.

No...havent left yet....have to make sure the babies (dog and kittens) have thier H2O handy....its mid 90's here and where Im headed its well over 100! :shock: Thats okay though....going to visit the MIL and shes got a HUGE 12' deep pool :D

I dont think I will worry about it till Monday.

Thank you SOOO much everyone for the quick responses!!

You guys rock! :wink:

Are you going to the Tri-Cities to the boat races? and visit your MIL I was born in Pasco And I know it get hot there Have Fun!!!!

IM BACK!!!!!!! Actually we went to Wenatchee. Had a great weekend, spent time with in-laws. Dh wasnt there as he is fishing for 9 days in Canada, so it was just me and the kiddies. Had a blast. MIL has A/C in her house so it wasnt bad at all. When I left this morning @ 10 it was 90 degrees out!

I missed everyone! :)++