adding positive closed TL to show longer history

gya

I have 2 closed positive accounts that show up only on TU.

My TU score is therefore 35 points higher because it shows twice as long a history.

Question--how do I get these 2 accts on the other 2 CRAS? I requested Exp. to do so, but they say to contact these old lenders and ask them to report it.

Is it not the CRA who should? I don't remember the rule about this.I'll contact the lenders, but often, it takes forever if done at all--these accounts were 15 years ago.

Have any of you done this? Did the lender or the bureau add the TL?

I have the account numbers ,etc.

Thanks for any info.

• 3 weeks later...

These accounts are 15 years old and they're still on TU?????? Count your blessings!

As soon as I started to dispute various TL's on TU, I saw old, good TL's get deleted. TU's response to me was: OC's have not updated.

Be careful what you do with disputes on TU.

• 3 weeks later...
Question--how do I get these 2 accts on the other 2 CRAS? I requested Exp. to do so, but they say to contact these old lenders and ask them to report it.

Is it not the CRA who should? I don't remember the rule about this.I'll contact the lenders, but often, it takes forever if done at all--these accounts were 15 years ago.

Have any of you done this? Did the lender or the bureau add the TL?

I have the account numbers ,etc.

Thanks for any info.

You have to understand what a CRA is. First of all, it is a for-profit business. It does not exist to ensure that you have an accurate credit report. A CRA exists to make money.

Next, it is merely a huge database on a very large computer. Think of it as a library.

It has information. And somebody pays the CRA to put information there. The CRA doesn't go out there looking for information. Creditors actually pay money to "put" information in their databases.

If a creditor "refuses" to subscribe to a CRA, that is, pay them money, then that information does not get reported to that CRA.

There is nothing illegal or unlawful about that. That is a monetary transaction.

Incidentally, the CRA then sells "your" credit report to people (like other creditors) who are willing to pay money for it.

Again, that is a monetary transaction.

A CRA does not exist for the betterment of society or to advance civilization. It exists to make money.

"EDITED"

A CRA does not exist for the betterment of society or to advance civilization. It exists to make money.

Agreed, but my theory of the CRA is their existance is here, to make the common folks like as miserable as possible. I think of a credit report kinda like the prison system. You commit a crime (bad debt), and you serve your time (pay the debt). Yet, you get out of prison (apply for credit) and society (creditors) hold your past against you. The 7 year reporting period for bad debts is similar to being on parole for 7 years.

BY THE WAY...............MY CRIMINAL RECORD IS CLEAN

That is the way I used to view the credit reporting system.

And I also had contempt for banks and credit unions.

However, today I view them more neutrally.

Neutral, because they are an enterprise to make money. There are two extremes in viewpoints.

Some people pout that the CRAs are supposed to be for the betterment of society and the advancement of civilization.

Others lament the other extreme in that the CRA is out to get them.

Today, I have a much better understanding that the CRA (and other institutions) are out to make money. And as a free enterprise ecomony, the decisions they make are not based on:

1. To better society and humanity

2. To hijack every consumer

They exist to make money.

Philosophically, their decision making process is more in line with "Occam's Razor". Like, in order to get to point B from point A, you have to take the simplest steps to do it in the most efficient manner.

Efficiency is not the same as effectiveness.

Some of the steps that they take screw people over. This kind of methodology has certain inherent flaws because screwing people over does not make credit reports more accurate. But it allows them to make more money off of it.

I no longer see this process as vindicative. Rather, I see it as narrow minded and short sighted. More of "cut off the nose to spite the face" mentality of the CRAs.

However, understanding the process is crucial. Because this knowledge of how the system works determines whether or not you are a victim or an empowered consumer.