How to list / caculate damages in suit

bluealex915

Hello,

Does anyone have an example they could send me on how to list damages in a small claims law suit. I a suing for Equifax failing to provide me with a verification description within 15 days. I have them on three violations and when I file my paperwork I want the judge to think what I am asking for is reasonable.

If anyone has an example of how they filed thier small claims case I would be really greatfull to get a copy if that would be ok.

Thanks again to all the great people on this board......

The only things I can recommend is for you to check your State's Laws as to the range of amounts. They may be $500 to $5000 or $100 to $2500, or any other combination. Next, you need to decide if you are filing under State Statutes or Federal. That will also play a part. Therefore, before you get started, go to FCRA 616, 617, and 618. Read carefully as they will give you some very important information. You might want to PM some of of those who have already filed suits and ask them some of their particulars. Also, scroll through the "Is There A Lawyer - - " section and find some of the complaints posters have displayed there, and, check FTC's site and read some of their complaints to get ideas of how to word yours. This should get you started. Once you have accomplished this, you should be able to determine easily how much you want. Myself, I would ask for the maximum and hope I got at least half.