SOLD ACCOUNTS (HOUSEHOLD, MIDLAND)

blackdaddy29

I have two different tradelines on my Experian Credit File showing HFC NEVADA for a balance of $718.00 and HOUSEHOLD Showing $718.00. Apparently both have the same Account Number and both have been sold to MIDLAND. After several months I am confused on what to do. I have completed DV process, several times. Reports continue to come back after 30 days as both companies have verified. I received a letter from HOUSEHOLD stating the account has been sold to MIDLAND and no other information is available from them. Isn't it true that if an original creditor SELLS an account to a CA, the OC has no interest in the account any longer. In other words, if the original creditor SELLS the account, shouldn't the derogatory trade-line be removed? MIDLAND is not reporting anything on my reports. They could possibly know that I filed Chapter 7 in December and it was discharged in March 2004. Isn't a violation also for both, HOUSEHOLD and HFC NEVADA to continue reporting the account as charged off/closed and verified as of 6/2004 even if they were included in Bankruptcy? The DV Process did not work in this case. It seems as though these companies are ignoring the requests for validation. Possibly because there is no records of this debt. Can someone please advice me on the above topics. If you know of anyone who can help, can you please forward this posting to them?

Thanks in advance

Blackdaddy29

8)

The OC should also be showing a Zero balance to coincide with the "Sold or Transferred" statement. It can contain the high balance and/or limit and monthly payment, along with all lates that were incurred before CO. If the OC was included in the BK, you may want to doublecheck as to how it should be reported. Why I say this is who is to say the buyer did not sell this back to the OC upon receipt of your filing. You don't want to chance something coming back to bite you.

Do as Doc advised and submit the disputes as these TL's need to be updated to relate to the BK. You might want to inlcude copies of your Discharge to prove your dispute.