applying for a credit card

I'm currently unemployed and have no income,but have better credit scores and credit offers from credit card campanies with very low APR than my boyfriend. It says that I have to have at least $12.000 annual income to recieve these cards. My boyfriend who lives with me works and have enough annual income to be eligable to recieve those cards. And we are wondering if it's a good idea for me to apply for those cards with his name on it as a household member. Would I be approved ???

Thanks for replying!! We're planning to apply for just one of them just because my APR is much lower than my boyfriend's. and it's not like we're going to charge a lot on that credit card. we just thought that it will help us build a good credit for our future(we are getting married at the end of this year) Do you know what I should write where it asks gross annual household income and occupation on the credit card application. Should we write down my boyfriend's annual income and occupation since I don't work?

O.k. then. Congratulations to you and your future husband!

Annual household income isn't an issue. Tally up the household income and write it in. If your credit is score is powerful enough, it'll probably fly without a hitch.

Since it appears "homemaker" is not a respectable career in the eyes of a creditor, and as such, women who make their careers taking care of home and family aren't worthy of a credit card, go ahead and write what you'd like in "occupation". Obviously you're doing something right if your score is up there.

Best of luck to you and your 'new' family.

... Do you know what I should write where it asks gross annual household income and occupation on the credit card application. Should we write down my boyfriend's annual income and occupation since I don't work?

I wouldn't do that unless he's a co-applicant. I'd go back to the last year that you did work and use that amount as your income. Your occupation right now is self-employed. At least you can back that up with a prior years tax return. I've been self-employed for nearly twenty years and it hasn't hindered my ability to have credit cards and excellent credit.