Help Someone Please!!! This thread will soon help others!!

jaykool03

I am a lowly newbie with questions that maybe someone could help with. I am sorry if this post becomes long, but I am in desperate need of knowledge and would appreciate all the help that I can get and will in turn return the favor to others. Please answer all questions that you know the answer to and I dont mind getting duplicate answers.

Question 1)

I did a round of disputes by phone with TU and got 2 things deleted. I tried to dispute again and they said that the request was frivolous because it was already investigated. I know that I can change part of the dispute but I dont think this will help. My plan is to dispute online and if that dosent work then I will do a procedural request. If this request generates nothing or next to nothing then I will send an ITS letter demanding deletion. From there I sue. Is this a valid game plan??

Question 2)

What is acceptable for a response to my request for procedures. From what I understand they send nothing at all, something that is completely unrelated, or something that says that the check by electronic means or saying that they contact the account and they have 30 days blah blah...is this acceptable??

Question 3)

If the response they send is unacceptable and I wait the 15 days for this to expire should I send another request or should I just proceed to the ITS letter demanding deletion??

Question 4)

Does the gameplan in question 1 actually work. I mean it sounds good to read this from the site but does it actually work??

Question 5)

My score in EQ is right at 650. If I pay the one collection account that is on it(AMEX) and reduce my debt ratio is it possible that my score will get to at or above 700??

Question 6)

I have tried and tried to get this AMEX deleted from my EQ with no success and by god they verify every time. It does me no good to get lucky and maybe have it deleted from one of my other files so I guess Im gonna have to go ahead and pay it. How should I go about that. I have read on this site that they wont put anything in writing until they are paid. I dont feel safe paying them and then hoping they will delete, especially since the debt is 2700 dollars. Is there some way that I should attempt this??

Question 7)

I opened this AMEX account in 8/98 when I was 18(dont ask how i got it, i dont know either) and it was closed naturally by 5/99. I understand that bad debt is supposed to fall off after 7 years. That is 7 years from what date. From the last activity, from the first collection date, if it was sold then would it be seven years from the new collection date. I ask because around the next year or less it is supposed to come off and this may be a better option??

Question 8)

I have old addresses and employment info on my credit. Is this hurting my score. I am self employed but it is not on paper so should I leave whatever old employment info on there so that lenders will at least think I have a job??

I have done days of reading on this thread before I decieded to join and post so I have done homework. Im not just on here to borrow someones cliffnotes. I will be happy to help others as well and I do not feel like I am above learning from others.

Hi there and welcome...:)

Here are my answers so far...Make sure to really check out the "While you're in it..." debt validation board, ok??

Question 1)

I did a round of disputes by phone with TU and got 2 things deleted. I tried to dispute again and they said that the request was frivolous because it was already investigated.

A)Online they will do a "reinvestigate" this much I know--at least that's what happened with me, but of course if they verify again I won't redispite and instead will contact the furnisher of the information (the creditor) to see what's up with that.

My plan is to dispute online and if that dosent work then I will do a procedural request.

A) Yes, do this and I am not sure what you'll get-remember to send EVERYTHING CMRRR (Cert Mail Return Receipt Requested) when you do communicate w/ CRA's or bill collectors.

If this request generates nothing or next to nothing then I will send an ITS letter demanding deletion. From there I sue. Is this a valid game plan??

A) Yes-I think so, I haven't had to go down that route but I think that's how it goes.

Question 2)

What is acceptable for a response to my request for procedures.

A)I honestly don't know-haven't had to ask for a procedural yet.

Question 4)

Does the gameplan in question 1 actually work. I mean it sounds good to read this from the site but does it actually work??

A) It has for me, yes.

Question 5)

My score in EQ is right at 650. If I pay the one collection account that is on it(AMEX) and reduce my debt ratio is it possible that my score will get to at or above 700??

A) It's tough to say. Credit scores are calculated from multiple things. I had a few collections removed and saw NO increase in my credit scores--at least not for now or immediately but then it's only been a month or so and some were only just deleted or are waiting to be deleted.

Question 6)

I have tried and tried to get this AMEX deleted from my EQ with no success and by god they verify every time.

A) Check your state SOL dates--see the blue links above for "statute of limitations" and look up your states SOL on revolving or open accounts. This debt may be time-barred and so you'll want to really investigate that because it COULD give you leverage on a pay for removal from this company. If they refuse then you're better off waiting out the 7 yrs and letting it fall off at that point if you're that close to it anyway. Your score is really actually not so bad...if it were me I'd probably wait it out.

I have old addresses and employment info on my credit. Is this hurting my score. I am self employed but it is not on paper so should I leave whatever old employment info on there so that lenders will at least think I have a job??

A) I am not sure, but you can definitely dispute this info as well.

I have done days of reading on this thread before I decieded to join and post so I have done homework. Im not just on here to borrow someones cliffnotes. I will be happy to help others as well and I do not feel like I am above learning from others.

A) The one thing for ANY of us to try to remember is that we're always in "learning mode" and it'd be foolhearty to assume one ever "knows it all." Welcome again!! These are great boards and I often come here just to scroll back a few pages to absorb as much info as possible, I've learned so much just by coming here and hope you do to.

Elyse

bumping for ya!

and welcome to the board.

question 7) DOLA is the one you want to look at for reporting timeframe, they can report for 7 years and 180 days from the DOLA.

there is an overabundence of info round here, it takes a bit of time to absorb and understand it all, but start now and you will gain all the knowledge you need. oh ok, not all of it, thats why the board is here, to ask the questions you dont understand the answers to! :)