Send CRA a copy of D/L and SSN?

I disputed a few things with the CRA's and Equifax asked for a copy of some identity documents. They say to verify address etc (I disputed my old addys)

Is this legit? Should I send them my a copy of my DL and SS card?

I am thinking it may help remove some old bad stuff reported to old addys, but I know how documents can jump from one place to another.........

Opinions?

I disputed a few things with the CRA's and Equifax asked for a copy of some identity documents. They say to verify address etc (I disputed my old addys)

I am thinking it may help remove some old bad stuff reported to old addys, but I know how documents can jump from one place to another.........

Opinions?

Yes, it's legit. The address that you claim is your current address is not the address that is listed as the current address on your credit report. You must show proof of your current address or they are not required to respond. You have no legal recourse. For EQ, you can send a copy of your lease agreement or utility bills or other evidence of your address. If you send a copy of your driver's license, black out the license number.

Opinions?

Yes, it's legit. The address that you claim is your current address is not the address that is listed as the current address on your credit report. You must show proof of your current address or they are not required to respond. You have no legal recourse. For EQ, you can send a copy of your lease agreement or utility bills or other evidence of your address. If you send a copy of your driver's license, black out the license number.

So how then did he receive the letter if they don't have his proper address?