Lawsuit Scheduling Conference

I'm the plaintiff in a suit against a CRA. The defendant seems to be dragging their feet (expected this).

Would it be effective to file a motion for a scheduling conference to get things moving?

That would depend on the court and why they are dragging. If they haven't answered your complaint and haven't filed a motion for extension of time then you should be filing a motion for default judgment.

I'm the plaintiff in a suit against a CRA. The defendant seems to be dragging their feet (expected this).

Would it be effective to file a motion for a scheduling conference to get things moving?

That would depend on the court and why they are dragging. If they haven't answered your complaint and haven't filed a motion for extension of time then you should be filing a motion for default judgment.

Sorry...should've given more info. :oops:

I won a default judgment in SCC against the CRA. They appealed, getting a whole new trial since SCC isn't a court of record. They didn't really 'answer' the complaint. All they filed in SCC was a Sworn Denial. They didn't show on the hearing date, so I won.