Collection Account Question

cryix47

Hi,

I had an account with Sprint PCS back in 2002 that got sent to collections because I failed to pay it. The 1st letter that I recieved was from RPM (RECEIVABLES PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT). I never send a DV letter because I didnt know about these boards,so I just let it go. I never got anymore letters from RPM but I did get phone calls. The account was then forwarded to Attention LLC. I went to check PG and saw a collection account on Experian Thats says RECEIVABLES PERFORMANC

Account Number: 327XXXX

Acct Type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney

Acct Status: Closed

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: Jun, 2003

Balance: $257

Terms: Unknown

High Balance: N/A

Limit: N/A

Past Due: $257

Remarks: N/A

Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

The funny thing is that the account status says closed and the past due lists N/A. What should I do about this? If I dispute it what method should I use? On TransUnion the same account is listed but its listed as Sprint PCS instead of RPM and list:

Account Number: XXXX

Acct Type: Collection Account

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment: N/A

Date Open: Dec, 2003

Terms: N/A

Past Due: N/A

Remarks: Placed for collection

Payment Status: Collection account

When I look at Equifax I see it also but its listed with the current Collection Agency which is Attention LLC.

Account Number: 465XXXX

Acct Type: Collection Account

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment: N/A

Date Open: Dec, 2003

Terms: N/A

Past Due: N/A

Remarks: N/A

Unpaid

Payment Status: Unpaid

Hi, just thought I'd share with you that I recently disputed this RPM collection off of my CR's. It was also due to a Sprint PCS account (from 2003). I disputed as not mine and it came off. :D It had showed on my reports that they hadn't updated for over a year so that's why I gave it a try and it fortunately paid off.