Equifax screwed up

VaSwtness

Just finished a round of disputes for DH. Equifax in the past has been really good for him, not at all to me. Have gotten a BK deleted, paid judgment from Crap 1 deleted to name a couple. This last go around I attempted to dispute some paid chargeoffs that were 3 to 4 years old. All the results came back and ZERO was deleted but what they happened to do for him was OPEN all closed accounts including the paid chargeoff accounts. Every last freakin' CO now says opened. His score went from 582 to 512 almost overnight. Thank God it happened after he bought his new vehicle or else he wouldn't have qualified at all.

So what is my next step with EQ? Which letter is the most appropriate to send at this point or should he call them and raise hell? I have the original copy of DH's report and then the one they sent in the mail. Do I send a copy of original report with letter? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Va

Providing they are in fact paid, they (the creditors) are in violation of the FCRA, section 623 Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies.

Best bet would be to mail the OC's a letter (copy and paste the violations) and demand deletion or you will sue.

EQ will not take your issue seriously (especially if there was something underhanded going on from their end) - you'll have to sue them. You can however, two-prong the situation with another round of disputes.