duplicate medical account

parko03

Hey all,

I know this topic has been discussed but I think I have a slightly different angle that no one has touched.

DH has a medical that is listed twice. They both say equidata as the name. Both say Pathologhy Medical GRp as OC. I have disputed both as NOT MINE and both have come back verified. Next step??? I noticed that they both have the same last 7 digits as the account numbers. and both have date opened as 2-2001. Now I just noticed that one says reported since 8-1999. How is that if it wasn't opened until 2001. THis one also has two dates under the 'collection as of area'....3-2001 and 8-1999. I am confused. What is my next step here? ANy suggestions? Please.

I hope somebody answers this post b/c I have a similar question - I have 3 sets of hospital visit co-pays and the physician charge (that shouldve been covered by insurance) which are appearing on my credit a total of about 20 times from VARIOUS CA. I dont even know where to start!!!!

If the two TL's clearly show a relationship, such as account numbers, amount, and most dates, then dispute with the CRA's showing the relationship and state they are duplicate entries.

Not knowing their exact place on your CR, all I can think of is that the 1999 date refers to the DOLA, while the 2001 refers to the date assigned.

On my report is says date opened 2001 and date reported 1999. Who knows. So I should point out the fact to the CRA that they are duplicates in the letter I send to them? I will try that I guess. Round two, here we go.

So I may write to EX and point out the duplications? Or should I try a DV to the original creditor? I have been reading up on DV and wonder if that is the way to go? It is being reported by a CA though, not the OC. Any thoughts on that?

So I may write to EX and point out the duplications? Or should I try a DV to the original creditor? I have been reading up on DV and wonder if that is the way to go? It is being reported by a CA though, not the OC. Any thoughts on that?

Yes, you should point out to EX that this account is a duplicate, and please remove one of them....Do it by mail, CMRR...

As for DV, that won't work with EX, they don't care if anything is validated, they won't remove it.....but if you have an extra $ 15 go ahead an try...

DV the CA two times then sent it to EX....

• 2 months later...

Just to update. I Sent a letter to EX pointing out the obvious. (this of course after trying not mine on both). Ex sent back letter stating that they were both verified, AGAIN. Now I want to continue

I was thinking to DV the accounts.

SHould I send it to the OC or the CA? And do I DV them seperately or together?

I mean the bill is only 80 bucks and I know that I owe it. I want to do a pay for delete BUT I want it reported correctly as ONE account first.

Help??

If it's this old, I am guessing the account was sold. Given that, I would write the CA letting them know that there is a duplicate entry on your report that they have verified with the CRA and point out that this is a violation that is actionable.

At this point they may be agreeable about a offer from you for payment upon a full DV from them. :p

• 1 month later...

I decided I want to DV this problem. Now my question is.....Do I send ONE DV letter to the CA or TWO SEPERATE letters, since there are two similar but different account numbers. Again, it's going to the same place but do I send one DV mentioning both accounts or do each account in seperate letters?

TIA.

In your DV letter give the CA a time frame to respond back to you by, such as 30 calander days. State in your letter that if you do not recieve a response from them you will consider the debt not valid and demand that they remove it from your credit report. If they cannot meet the standard of debt validation set forth by the FDCPA then the debt cannot be valid.

Good Luck