GREEN CARD W/ SCRIBBLE SCRABBLE AS A SIGNATURE

Yemaya7

Hi all! I received one of the RR green cards today and the person that signed for it has a "signature" which cannot be deciphered whatsoever and where it says "RECEIVED BY (PRINTED NAME)" the jerk did the same thing. Would this hold up in court? Can't really even determine who signed for it? I got another one back last week from another CA and it was at least printed so you could tell who signed for it.

Go to the USPS web site and punch in the tracking number. The postal officer should have obtained a printed name for the person and entered it on their little handheld computer. You can copy the web-page lookup there to get the name.

I would make a complaint with the postmaster at your local USPS because the postperson didn't do what they were supposed to.

To be honest, that green-card may not hold up as evidence pointing to the exact person that signed for it, but the USPS in mailing the card back to you is verifying that it was delivered to the location addressed. It just means you can't name the person who signed for it as part of a suit, but the CA still got it.