Help for Mom 2

flashovertx

I posted a month ago regarding a credit situation with my mom.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=106223#106223

Here you can see the letter I sent regarding the situation via certified mail return receipt on June 10.

The same Nina lady calls my mother today and tells her that she spoke with her supervisor and that she is in no violation and that the total balance of $300 + needs to be paid as well as a "creditor added $50.00 late fee" as of 2:00pm tomorrow or the account will be written off and added to her credit report . She mentioned to my mother that I could not contact her due to the fact that my mother's social security number is on the account only.( I am an authorized user). If you notice on the mail I wrote, i specificall said that any contact should be with me and in writing, and no contact should be made by telephone to my mother or I. What can I do here? This is obvious scare tactics and is making my mom's heart condition even worse.....

Now is the time to go to small claims court and get the paperwork to file against these assmunches.

You have a DV & CD letter that you have a copy of and you have another phone call from them.

Send them a copy of the filled out small claims paperwork with a nice intent to sue letter.

Tell them that any other phone calls will be considered harrassment and you will file motions with the prosecuting attorney.

That will stop them really quick.

Good luck

Thank you for the info. What about this 2 pm deadline for tomorrow? Also what about the violation that I mentioned to them about the post dated check? There seems to be more leverage for me, rather than small claims court. I have never done anything like that and not sure my mom will go through with the hassle of that.

Thanks

I sent a PM with some info but add to it here that your mom should stop answering the phone when the caller id is a number she does not recognize. If she has an answer machine, so much the btter because it sounds like this twit Nina is just about dumb enough to leave a message on tape incriminating herself.

Check with your local department of public utility regulation to see if your state regulates mobile phone services. Illinois doesn't, but some other states do. If so file a complaint with the proper authorities over the billing dispute and their continued failure to follow instructions to contact you and not her.