Please help me revise my letter

op_crdt_repair

I am not very well at typing up letters so if you would be so kind in helping me I would appreciate it.

Summit Orthopeadics

2321 Coronado St

Idaho Falls, Idaho 83401

RE: (My Husbands Name here) Account

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regards to an old account. I really want to resolve this in an amicable way, but I will not deal with the assignee, Bingham Collections. It was made known that your computer back in 2000 stopped sending out bills to me and it wasn’t realized till sometime later(in the year of 2002). I did receive a letter stating the mistake and have felt that I didn’t get enough time to respond before it was sent to the before mentioned Credit Agency. At that time I decide it was my last priority. Will you accept $151 to your office and have Bingham Collections remove there list on my Credit Report.

Thanks

I am also going to send a letter to the CA. Also Should I call the Dr's office to make sure the dates are correct because I really don't know if they are. I am just going off the date that CA has on my report as to when they opened it. I don't think I saved anything from this Dr's office

i would contact (call) the dr and see what you can find out, original amount, original dates of service, why the computer error happened, why did it get sent to a CA. before you send the letter.

i would prolly build up the letter a bit, say when you were informed of the error, why that meant you had little time to arrange payment. if you have a good reason not to want to deal with CA (violations) add that in, reword so you make it a little clearer that the account being with the CA gives you no incentive to pay at all, with that nasty TL sitting on your CR, explain that a paid collection account is as bad as a unpaid when its sitting on your CR.

im not sure where you are at in the process, but DV the CA, see what they come back with too.

You can also remit payment using the HIPPAA letter with the proper insert to the OC and avoid the CA entirely. Go to about page 31 of this section and look for the thread titled "????? About HIPPAA". In there, you will find a letter to use, along with different inserts, according to your specific situation. Purchase a Money Order for the exact amount of the original bill and send it CMRR to the OC. This is actually the fastest and best way. The other ways may cause you to waive your rights under HIPPAA, and you never want to do that.