Bankrupcy AFTER Chargeoff

braxas

Crap 1 on phone says acct will charge off in 6 days..they offered 76% of balance as settlement..I didnt go for it. Citibank has higher balances I owe them...anyways...I told the gal if I was to be sued...I may consider BK...she said I wont get that thru in the 6 days before the chargeoff..I said it doesnt matter...if im BK...Im BK...and I`ll IIB any debts that I have at that time...Im correct here yes?

Also told them I almost foreclosed 2 times this year..so sharpen the pencil a bit and call me tomorrow..

If you mean that by filing for bankruptcy the charge-off won't hurt your reports, then you are correct. The bankruptcy will trump the charge-off score-wise, so Crap1 can't make much of the 'we'll damage your reports' threat. If you're that far gone its already trashed anyway.