Strange Sherman info on Experian (?)

reno2360

Can anyone tell me what this means? I just pulled up my Experian report and I have two accounts listed from Sherman. They are old Sears and an old Providian accounts. Sherman has them listed as open in 5-2003 and 6-2003 respectively (which is not following the DOLA formula, but that is another issue)... anyway they are listed as "Closed" under account status. I think that is strange - does that mean it is actually closed and Sherman is no longer after me? How would I find this out WITHOUT contacting them. I did send out validation requests months ago and never heard from them. These are both within SOL though so I am torn between letting a sleeping dog lie and taking a chance on getting sued.

Sherman does some goofy things in reporting. They have 3 small accounts of mine and on one of the reports they are show as INSTALLMENT LOANS !!Totally bull.

The 5/2003 and 6/2003 has nothing to do with the DOLA or the SOL. Those are the dates when Sherman bought your accounts, nothing more.

How do I find out then if it has been re-aged by them. Do I need to contact each of the CRA's to find out when it is set to "fall off" my reports?

I also pulled up a tri-merge of the three. What a mess, very interesting how the same accounts can be reported differently.

Tri-merge reports are not reliable as important date is usually left off.

Re-aging would be if they change the 'date of last activity' to make it stick to your reports beyond the legal reporting period. As long as they don't change that DOLA to be newer than what the original debt was, its not re-aged.