re-insertion question

vader

Well EQ strikes again.

I had a CA from Midland. I Disputed it and EQ deleted it after 30 days. (Midland never responded to my DV request)

Now 2 weeks later, it showed up again, but now it says in the remarks area "acct disputed by consumer".

I don't know if EQ just re-inserted it or if Midland finally responded to them after the 30 days and said it was disputed.

I have the investigation letter from EQ, it says the acct has been deleted, but they did not send an updated CR. I saw it removed by checking PG.

So, is the letter enough to prove re-insertion? Should I ask nice to remove it and send a copy of their investigation letter or tell them they have violated the re-insertion laws and threat to sue?

just read some old posts on the subject.

since they have 5 days to notifly me of re-insertion i will wait to respond. But what if they do notify me of the re-insertion? Does it just stay there and say "acct disputed by consumer"? How long would it stay that way?

I would call EQ and ask them for a new CR. They should have sent you one and you can request it now since they deleted the account and it shouldnt cost you anything. Tell them the letter you recieved from them mentions an 'enclosed copy' of your CR but that it was not enclosed. This happened to me and they promplty sent out a new, full CR.