sending proof to cra's

kannons

New to forum. Need some help. After several attempts to remove negative information ( you know the speel) verified, etc. I wrote the credit card companies directly, a no no I am told. Well the responses I received back up what I have been trying to clear up all along. When I send these responses will this be enough for the CRA to delete the lines or will they go back to the credit card companies for re-verification and create the cycle all over?

I really don't like to burst people's bubble too badly, but in the case of the CRAs the law is not what they follow unless they are directed by a court.

You can send in a box of documents to back up your claim and a $7/hr person just funnels it down to a 2 digit code that goes into a computer coinciding with a simple description. A ton of documents is suddenly just "not mine" or "paid on time, never late." The CRA then compares your name, address, SSN and what was originally reported to what is currently in the file, if it matches they call it verified. Most of the time they don't even call the original furnisher of the information to confirm anything you submit as proof.

So, this is what you do now. You send a letter to the CRAs telling them that the furnisher says the information reported in the file is not correct and demand that they fix it. Include your proof. The CRA will either fix it this time or come back with verified or "previously investigated." If they don't fix it, you will then have to get a lawyer and sue them for violating the FCRA.

Thanks for the reply. I have also heard that there are certain periods of the year when items should be disputed that the percentages that they are deleted go way up during these times. Can anyone verify this??

( Sorry no pun intended) LOL

Winter holidays and spring break are two good dispute times because if the CRA does bother to contact the furnisher, the chances are pretty good that the furnisher will not be able to reply in the timeframe required (which leads to an automatic delete).

A generic version of the letters I received when I approached the OC's thanked me for contacting them, referenced my inquiry to the disputed negative information, and stated they had notified the CRA's to update the files as I requested, or remove the information. Each letter had a letterhead and referenced the account number.

I then forwarded a copy of each letter with a copy of my letter, and composed a letter to the CRA. Within 14 days, I had an updated CR showing the deletion. This way I did not have to wait for the "normal" process of up to 90 days. I will admit that on a couple, by the time my letter got to the CRA, the TL had already been deleted or corrected. Either way, I still got an updated CR.

The only time the CRA ever denied my letter and sent a dispute to the OC was when I sent a bunch of disputes to TU this past February as they had not deleted any TL's they were supposed to the previous year. Their reason was due to the date of the letter from the OC being more than a year old.