Description of reinvestigation

saskia3

Thank you everyone for the in depth info about the procedure for verifiying. I could'nt find any sample letter for this from credit info center web site. Below is a letter I found somewhere and rewrote following your advises. Would you tell me if this is OK? Or does anyone have a better samle letter? I've only been in this country for 6 years and not sure if my english in writing is good enough.

Dear Sir/Madam:

On [give date credit report was received] I received a copy of my credit report on file with you, which you sent in response to my

letter of [give date of letter] requesting investigation of an item. Copies of my letter and the credit report are included.

You indicate on your report that the [unpaid acct., late payment, etc.] of [give name of creditor)] was verified, and you have not deleted it from my credit file.

I insist that this is incorrect, and hereby request, pursuant to The Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, § 609 [15] USC 1681i (7), the description of reinvestigation procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information and insist you comply with the law by providing the requested information within the 15 days allowed.

I am not asking for a new investigation. Please send a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the business name, phone number ,and address of the furnisher of the of information, dates and person(s) who were contacted and responded to Experian’s verification procedures and copies of any/all communication for my dispute of that account.

I would prefer this information be provided to me in writing.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.

Sincerely,