misrepresentation??

What do we think about correspondence from a JDB signed

Jane Doe,

Legal Coordinator

Would that lead you to believe that person was an attorney???

) The false representation or implication that any individual is an attorney or that any communication is from an attorney.

Why would a "Legal Coodinator" be collecting on an account? Isn't that what the reps are for???

I call BS. Intimidation at best - call them out on it. What do you have to lose?

It's kinda like those late-night fad diet commercials where the "doctor" (dressed in doctor clothes, of course) highly recommends paying $158 for their weight loss pills (vitamins). It's not until you notice the "D.C." after his name that you realize he's a chiropractor and their product will more than likely give you exactly what he's shoveing.

I have to say, for a while I thought this person was a lawyer....he is actually the president of the CA....I surely think his intention was to lead me to believe that he was an attorney...

I'm sorry, I can't buy into it. My ex was the Account Executive of my company but knew nothing about accounting whatsoever.

Not going against anyone but I just don't see it.

Legal coordinator could mean he/she coordinates what legal people are in what group or something.

I doubt it would fly gents..... :?

Not to be an a$$, but I was an Account Executive too - it was a fancy title given to me by my last employer - I was a sales rep. :roll:

My view is her title itself is misleading - especially if this is an initial communication. As a "legal coordinator" it implies she can do much more than a "regular" account representative. Wouldn't surprise me if everyone in that office was a Legal Coordinator.

I do see your point though, Doc. I still think there's nothing to lose by calling her out on her tactics.

The letter is on the CA letterhead...I def think that it was at least an attempt to mislead..why not sign it:

Jane Doe,

CEO or President??? or something relevant to her title... I mean when you think of legal you think of LAW immediately!!!!! as in law suit ...blah blah blah...

BTW I'm a woman :D:D

ABC Company Inc.

Susie Cupcake

123 Lane

NY, NY

Dear Susie Cupcake,

Payment on this account is now overdue

To avoid further action (and a possible increase to the account balane as a result thereof),payment of $75 should be made to this office. If payment has been made please disregard this letter

Thank you for your attention in this matter

Sincerely,

John Doe,

Legal Coordinator

Mini-Miranda is here......with page to be sent with payment