Check this letter out!!

I have the below items on 2 of my credit reports. This account has been bounced around to 2 CA's.

RE: Account Number XXXXXXX

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for contacting us, regarding the information reported to the credit bureaus by ( the new CA) , on the loan number referenced above. In response to your request, to change the information reported , we have reviewed our records and we have determined the following.

We were unable to find any reporting information on this account in our records. We must advise you to contact the credit bureaus directly to dispute any information you feel is inaccurate.

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Now, this account was verified by EX and EQ. The Ca even updated this account and never marked as "in dispute". Did a courtesy call to get them to remove this. Have been through 3 phone numbers and am stalled on reaching someone who "supposedly" can fix the problem. What do you guys think. Go through this effort to get the Tl's removed or keep on racking up the violations to sue and remove?

Report them to the FTC and the Attorney General for the state they are located in. Enclose a copy of the letter showing they cannot even locate the collection information, yet took it upon themselves to verify the information with the major credit repositories in direct violation of the FDCPA § 807. False or misleading representations and FCRA § 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies. Demand immediate deletion.

Thanks DocDon. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of this account :x. I was of the mind to punish them for taking me around in circles when they knew this wasn't my account. But I'll take your advice. I just want this item off my cr's. Thanks again.

Be sure you mention in your complaints the extent you have gone to try to correct this situation. Each time, you were given the rounaround by representatives of the company who knew full well they were violating Federal Statute.