? Paid Collections

kshirley

:?: I have a paid collection on my Credit Report with DSRM from 2001(paid in 2001), and I am trying to have it removed. I contacted one of the higher ups via email trying to say it was suppose to be "DELETED UPON PAYMENT" when it was paid which it hasn't. I gave no info except the Acc#. She called me saying they have no control to change or delete it; that it must be reported as it was "Paid collections" by law. She supposedly put me in a 3 way contact with the CA "American Collections". The CA said they do not report to the CB and Both DSRM and the CA said no such notes verify my request. Therefore it never happened and no agreement was made in 2001. DSRM gave me the name ,ext., Phone number, and email to the Head Manager to deal with.

How should I go about this? I originally paid the CA, but the Report says DSRM reported Paid Collections.

who should I be dealing with and how should this be done?

Help!!!

First off, they lied to you when they said it must be reported as a "Paid" by law. The law clearly says that IF they report, it must be accurate. It says nothing as to a debt being required by law to be reported. It is entirely up to them if they want to report. So many of these CA's think they are above the law and only have to say "by law" to intimidate the consumer.

When you contact this Manager, make it very clear of their employee's lie and that you will not tolerate this in any fashion. You have contacted the FTC and was told what the law actually says. Then let them know you are filing complaints with the AG and FTC. A CA is not to lie at any time to a consumer, but, they do it everyday.