Who do you send a good Will letter?

iwantgoodcredit

I had a loan with a bank which we paid off about 1 year ago. However, on the last payment it says it was 30 days late. I believe the payment was probably like a week late due to the fact that we were waiting for the check to clear from the insurance company to pay off the loan. (this was for a car that was stolen)

I am planning to buy a car in a couple of months and would like to go through that bank again since we did make all of our payments on time except for that last one. Whom or what dept do I send the GoodWill letter to? Is there a standard for all companies? I'd like to send to my mortage as well (whole different story :? ) TIA.

If possible, go to the Bank and speak to the Credit Manager personnaly. Explain the whole situation and stress that during this period waiting for the Insurance, your ready cash had to be used to pay for transportation or words to that effect. Or, tell them you were under the impression the Insurance would pay by a certain date, and, of course, whatever reason you think would best fit the situation. Be sure to inlcude your perfect paying record up to the theft. Make sure what you say can be proven.