Can I request a DV on a paid collection?

kshirley

Can I request all information on a closed "Paid Collection" account?

What info can I request to be suitable in the matter? I was told the computer printout is all that is needed to validate an account with the CRA. Is that corect, if not what does the law state?

The CRA's don't ask for anything from the CA regarding a collection other than data on a magnetic tape. So there is no reason for a CA to send the CRA's a printout.

When you request validation, no, a computer printout off their computer screen is not validation. Read the Validation section of the FDCPA - the link is at the top of the page.

Did you dispute this collection?

I have sent emails to the CA in regards to the report.

Her is further info.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18984

Since then I was contacted by the Head manager of the CA and was told they were going to continue to report as "PAID collections" I asked if he would send all information on my account to me ie (Statements, contract, ect.) He told me that the only hold the info on closed accounts for 24 months all they have is what is in the computer, and they do not have to send any info to me. He said I need to get a new report when they update my account info. Is he right? How should I being the Dispute?

What I'm asking is when the account was closed. If it's been closed since 2001, and you were told they only keep information on closed accounts for 2 years, it's impossible for them to verify a dispute with the CRAs - they have no info on the account as it's been deleted.

If that's the case, you can get it deleted easily.

If not, we have to think of something else.

I see what your saying. I was told about 30 Min ago by the Head Manager of DSRM that the only records of my account is what is in the computer, and no more actual info is there. He also said that what is in the computer is sufficient. WAS HE WRONG....

How should this be disputed? "NOT MINE" or What?

O.k. Excellent.

As a rule, I don't like "not mine" - the answer always comes back "yes it is". Waste of a dispute in my opinion.

Dispute the amount of the collection, the date the collection was entered, and the date it was paid - information they would have to look into the records they no longer have to verify with the CRAs.

If they verify, you take a copy of that email and send it along with a formal complaint against them to the Attorney General for the state they are located in, and you file a complaint with the FTC. Demand immediate and permanent deletion. You now also have them on a violation of the FCRA - $$$.

The key here is to get the upper hand and keep it. :wink: