Equifax Investigation Results - they didnt do anything!!

Yemaya7

I disputed some DUPLICATE medical etnries on my Equifax report and 2 accounts as "not mine" on 7/30/04 and received my "results" today. They didnt DO ANYTHING. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that they "verified" anything that quickly. These things are CLEARLY duplicate entries from several CAs. They're all collection accounts. They have them listed under a CA in NY, Medclr, NCO, and OSI.

So what is my next step? Write to equifax and ask for proof?

I found the flowchart that was recently posted on the main site extremely helpful:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/debt_validation_workflow.shtml

Have you send a validation letter to the CAs yet? If not, start that process on the collection agency side of the flowchart....that will direct your next step with the CRAs.

HTH,

Ingrid

Equifax did the same exact thing to me a month ago. They aparantely verified all the disputes in 3 business days! Yeah right...

One of the accounts was fraudulent and I had the letter here stating so. Another account was updated to "never late" on the other two credit bureaus. And yet another account they never even bothered to investigate.

So, I wrote them again, pointing this all out... haven't heard back yet...