Momof6WantsaHouse

Help with Disputing Addresses & Names on my CR

I just got my Experian Credit Report and there are a ton of addresses which are wrong, some that were mine a million years ago, 1 name that isn't mine and a few versions of both my current and maidne names.

So I know I dispute the ones which aren't me/mine but what about the old addresses. Should I have everything which isn't current taken off or just the ones more than 5 yrs old? How do I phrase it I mean if they were mine at some point is it really ok to say it isn't mine?

As for my names should I leave all the versions of both my maiden and current names on there and just get the wrong name taken off or should I clean it down to just my current or 1 current & 1 maiden?

Will they throw up flags for me wanting to clean up my names & addresses all in one felt swoop even though theres quite a few wrong?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

I had 20 email addresses on my experian - some were variations of the same address. Did I live at all them? Sure did! But I called Experian and disputed most as "not mine". Got a couple removed. Now down to 13. Will dispute the ones remaining in my next round of disputes. I disputed my the addresses on the phone. When the rep said well SO AND SO reported that address I stuck to my guns and insisted it wasnt mine.

I also had a variation of my name. I disputed that and they deleted it.

You should read the sticky:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100

It gives some great starter instructions. Stuff to do, B4, while & after. I'm still in the process of get my EQ & TU CR's so I can do it all in an organized method.

I think not mine is undesirable to use...there is a whole list of ways you can dispute that may be more effective.

I just sent a letter to Experian for my DH they had him listed at a bunch of places. I actually got a kick out of it because one was 123 Diddle Do Buckle My Shoe..HEHEHEHE I just reported them all as "not Mine" The names I just put that I have not used these names. His name is a popular one for nicknames and he doesn't go by them because his Birth Father does..LOL I think his was a case that they just entered in all the names they could think of that he could of possible go by...LOL

I have mentioned this before and it worked for me.

Addresses: If you have lived at the same address for the past 5 years, dispute all others as not mine. Any that are variations of your current, point them out. If less than 5 years, include the past addresses up to that period. Do not state as to how long at any of them.

Names: Simply state that you have never applied for credit or requested service in any other name but John Q. Citizen. All other names are "not mine", including nicknames. If a variation has a common spelling error in your last name, point it out. My last name is misspelled more times than I want to think and that includes my spelling it out for them.

Important note before you send this letter to the CRA's. Contact each of your creditors and make sure they do not have any old addresses on their tapes and that the only address they have is your current one. Reason is that even if an address is deleted, it may show up the next month as a particular creditor has it on their tape. this means you have to do it all over again. If, by chance, this does happen, call the CRA and ask the rep to check and see who is reporting it. This just happened to me this past month and the rep told me exactly who it was. This was at EX.

Most always the CRA will send you an updated CR. But, lately a couple are doing it different. My last two from EQ for DW and myself were only single pages showing what was done. TU sent the same thing for me, but, two days later I received an updated CR. No telling what they are up to now.

I just got my Experian Credit Report and there are a ton of addresses which are wrong, some that were mine a million years ago, 1 name that isn't mine and a few versions of both my current and maidne names.

So I know I dispute the ones which aren't me/mine but what about the old addresses. Should I have everything which isn't current taken off or just the ones more than 5 yrs old? How do I phrase it I mean if they were mine at some point is it really ok to say it isn't mine?

As for my names should I leave all the versions of both my maiden and current names on there and just get the wrong name taken off or should I clean it down to just my current or 1 current & 1 maiden?

Will they throw up flags for me wanting to clean up my names & addresses all in one felt swoop even though theres quite a few wrong?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

My philosophy follows, but it has not and will not cause Experian to change their policy until they are successfully sued:

Send a letter requesting FIRST for the "source" of each false item of information pursuant to 1681g(a)(2), including the name, address and phone number of the source.

SECOND, after the source is disclosed, dispute the items of information pursuant to 1681i(a)(1) according to whatever grounds is applicable (address is nonexistent, an address I never lived at, a SSN that is not mine) and demand DELETION.

Inevitably, names and SSN will be "deleted," whereas addresses (that are in fact deleted) will be guised by Experian as "updated."

I just started my repair by reporting personal info, and so far it's been easy. I didn't have any names that needed changed, but I had a few addresses that I wanted taken off. So far I've heard back from TU and EQ and they've deleted all the old addresses.

I had one address that I lived in for just a couple months, so I disputed by "claiming" that it was a residence that I was planning to move into and never did. So far, no one has questioned that. I had an address from 4 years ago that I explained was a temporary address during a 4 month internship and they both deleted even though it was still in that 5 year timeframe. The rest were my old college addresses that I also stated were temporary residences more than 5 years ago.

Maybe those "excuses" will help some others out - they sure worked for me! I heard back from TU within a week, and EQ in less than 2 weeks.

Carrie

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are you guys using the mailbox ect. thing or are you just using your current address? I'm wondering, b/c I honestly don't remember which addresses were used on some of my old accounts. And from the sticky, it looks like some of the accounts are simply address matches.

Any input would be great, b/c I have to get my report from EQ & they don't have my current address on file. But, EX does. Still trying to find where to apply to get a free TU CR...I'm gonna give Kohl's a try.

Thx

Wait until you get your CR's, then look at the dates for each TL. Then think back as to where you lived during this period of time. that would probably be the easiest way to determine. For all positive TL's, call each creditor and assure they have deleted all previous addresses from their tape and files so it will not be reported any more on their monthly. Once this is done, then you will dispute them with the CRA as "not mine" or "never lived there".

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are you guys using the mailbox ect. thing or are you just using your current address?

My wife and I share a UPS Store (former Mailboxes Etc store) for all of our mail. We have moved 3 times in the last 5 years but none of our creditors know that. You can even use the mailbox as your address on your DL, at least here in California. I highly recommend this for anyone, it is well worth the $10/mo that we pay for it. They will also accept UPS and Fedex packages for you.

Folks, do be aware that Experian designates "Type of Address" information. I have a letter from Mrs. Shannon Stafford, Special Services Manager, confirming that "we" are the source of this very false information.

Experian lovvvvvvves addresses, their bread and butter.