date opened and sherman question

peachjuteux

ok sherman bought my sears account- luck me! anywhoo, it was charged off 11-2003 by sears. sherman lists it on both My EX and EQ credit reports as Date Opened 11-2003- i was told they cant legally do that, is this true? sending validations today- if this is illegal how can i do something about this? or will the validation leter handle the whole thing? any help would be greatly appriciated. also i heard from some that sherman doesnt always sign for CRRR letters- so i thought about putting on the lower corner of hte envelope" Pmt." - could that get me into trouble- it is just personal note short hand i use- it means please mail today- hahahaha

The date refers to the date they bought the account and opened as a collection. Yes, it is legal. The dates you want to check for reaging is the Date Of Last Activity. As to your post, this would be at least 6 months before the 11/2003 you referenced.

As to your sending a DV, yes, you would send it to stop activity until they can validate the debt. You would include a limited C&D telling them to only contact by mail as no phone calls will be accepted. If they try and tell you that since they now own the debt, ignore it as it has no bearing except that they now own it. They must assure that all important dates match exactly with Sears.

well looking back over all the past 2 years bank statements i found that i did make a payment to sears 11-14-03 - they cashed it- and that same month sherman acquired the acct and listed it open as 11-2003 ,same month sears charged off 11-2003.

the DOLA listed for sears on:

EQ is 12-2002

EX is well it doesnt list DOLA-date of last pmt-11-2003-charge off 11-2003

TU is it doesnt say either-

sears never credited the last pmt to the account either- nor did they send the check to sherman. they just cashed it . no credit for it anywhere- i did call sears in november and they said it was sent to whom ever was going to handle teh account, i assumed it would be a sears collection employee- however sears cashed it. grrrrrr

i have no clue what this 12/2002 is about-

Sherman - (acquired sears acct)11-2003

Date of last activity on

EQ is 12-2002

date of last pmt -blank ofcoarse