morrow

Patelco...the monster thread!!!!

Okay, so Ive read many many things about this credit union and apparently they are pretty generous with approvals and credit limits.

Soooooooooo.....im looking for something to consolidate what we have, went ahead and applied asking for thier Visa with a $30,000 limit (yes that was 30k! You can ask for up to 50 so I figure hey, why not?) I checked the status of my app and they need more info.

I will keep you posted

BTW they pull EX :wink:

Well I didnt get approved for the $30k I was asking for.....but they did approve me for $12k!! :D

I applied jointly with dh and our FICOs are....

Me

TU-635

EX-656

EQ-629

Dh

TU-666

EX-647

EQ-670

They only pulled EX. I applied online late Friday nite and called today to check the status of my app. They needed more info and then approved me for the 12k. :D:D:D

Im starting to like this Patelco. :wink:

Just so any of yous are thinkin that morrows gunna get herself in trouble with this shiny new hunk of plastic with that kinda limit......STRICTLY FOR BILL CONSOLIDATION I TELL YA!! 8.9% APR cant beat that with a stick! :wink::wink:

Wow! Congratulations! Do you think applying jointly helped or not? I'm thinking about applying there now that there is so much buzz about them on these boards! I believe my true EX score is somewhere around 680-690, I'm having trouble with myfico.com's ID verification with them.

8/04

FAKO EX 663

FICO EQ 689

FICO TU 668

Wow! Congratulations! Do you think applying jointly helped or not? I'm thinking about applying there now that there is so much buzz about them on these boards! I believe my true EX score is somewhere around 680-690, I'm having trouble with myfico.com's ID verification with them.

8/04

FAKO EX 663

FICO EQ 689

FICO TU 668

Ive heard that income is a big part of thier approvals. So thats why I applied jointly with dh. Ive also heard/read that once you apply, and then turn around and apply for something else with them, they use the same report and dont pull another inq. :D

Im starting to wonder if Patelco is going to be my new Household! :lol:

Morrow, thats awesome!

I couldn't imagine even a card with a 12K limit right now. I was happy with 500 from UP! haha.

I just emailed them and asked them if they'd take an overseas address.

Hopefully!

What a crock! We applied for Patelco. Someone had written that they had a BK discharge of 6 measly months and were approved. DH's BK is 22 months post discharge. We bought our house in April. We thought surely we would be approved.

Big FAT denial! The reason cited....BK on record. They didn't ask for "further info" or anything. Applied for joint account and other than DH's BK, there are NO negs on credit report. We even opened an account with them and all that. Never late on car payment or any of the CC's I have. BIG FAT DENIAL!

I am pissed about this, so I wrote Patelco and asked them what the problem was (nicely). Their response??? They sent back the money we opened the account with! No letter, no explanation, nothing.

I am sick of this whole credit crap and am paying off all my cc's and closing them.

Screw Patelco and all the others just like them! Others get approved with 6 month old BK???? Something seems stinky about that!

Morrow, I wasn't "crapping" on YOUR "happy thread"......................

I was simply stating my opinion about MY experience with Patelco. I'm all kinds of happy that you got a card with them and all kinds of UNhappy that I/we didn't.

My statement was intended to point out that not all is rosy with Patelco and that the results are not necessarily the same for everyone that applies with them, irrespective of all the happy a$$ results others say they have had with them.

I take issue with your nasty comment and don't deserve it . If a person can't opine they way they choose to on this forum, then perhaps you should rename it the "Only happy threads allowed " forum or maybe "Don't crap on MY happy thread" forum.

Whatever, I simply voiced my opinion and gave the results I had with Patelco. Others have lambasted different creditors, yet I don't recall you, or anyone for that matter, ever saying anything NASTY to them because of their particular opinion(s). In any event, hope you have a HAPPY 8-) day.

I agree morrow,

I just looked into patelco the other day, I submitted an application. they approved me for 30k but I have to send them my paystub. I faxed it too them today, I'll see what happens. I have pretty good fico's and good income....hopefully they'll rush my card too me. I'm interested in seeing what happens, I've never had a credit card so easy and fast to approve. AMEX asked all kinds of questions but I got it, even at 720 fico they are tough to get.

josh

p.s. did your patelco card show up yet? They also made me join the credit union, had to deposit 50.00.

I agree morrow,

p.s. did your patelco card show up yet? They also made me join the credit union, had to deposit 50.00.

No, hasnt showed up yet. They sent me some stuff to fill out, got that in the mail today, and then I need to send that back along with paystubs, copies of SS card and drivers license. I also had to join the credit union, and I signed up for a savings (One time $20 fee and $5 for the account).

I got everything ready and will send it out Monday. The CSR said that it shouldnt take long for me to receive my card.

Im in no rush....just using it for balance transfers. :D

last time I checked I was at 715 or 720 for EFX. 700 for experian (or thereabouts) I'm really not keeping score anymore. I pull the reports to check on them from time to time but dont buy the score anymore. Once I hit 700 I stopped worrying about it. Paying my mortgage on time for a couple years and having no lates (and all my chargoffs gone) boosted me up. But that was many moons ago. I'm just keeping it clean now, it's much easier with a clean slate.

for morrow: I havent recieved anything from patelco other than the initial e-mail stating my approval. The email stated for me to fax them a copy of my pay stub. Have not recieved anything yet but It's only been a week. I had to drop 50.00 on the account. Did this online, I wasnt given an option for any other type of amount.

josh