morrow

Patelco...the monster thread!!!!

I am fairly new to this forum as well trying to rebuild I have read the thread but I am still unclear on if Patelco will approve you for a loan or credit card with a score of about 600. I got my Experian Vantage Score on Wednesday and it was 601 do I have a chance of trying for a small loan and credit card. :)

Question.

I have checked out their membership qualifications and I am not a member or an affiliate, nor do I work for any of their listed employers. Can anyone join and apply for their lines of credit?

I live in Michigan and they are out of California.

Thanks,

Lyle

How long does it take to get them to approve membership??? Applied online, two weeks later get a letter asking me to mail (why not fax??) them copies of my drivers license and SS card. Mailed it the same day (close to two weeks now), and still waiting.....

But if they are as generous as people say, I guess the wait may well be worth it.

I went to Patelco about a possible auto loan. They said they could offer me a rate of around 10% because my score was 657. A score of 660+ would have fetched me 8%...

The representative I spoke with said that rates were based purely on FICO Scores, and that they don't take other factors such as debt to income rate, total income, etc into consideration.

This is contradictory to what other people have said on this thread... should I believe her? Or apply anyway?

I currently rent my car and can't wait for my score to improve.

:everybodyclap: Just got approved for a Patelco Visa $500 CL. May not be for much but it is now another positive TL!!! :p So now I have 2 more since Hooters denied me!

I initially asked for $1,000 and they e-mailed to ask why I had limited credit history :roll:

Told them that I was in the midst or repairing some very old credit and now trying to obtain new credit. I figured tell them the truth if I don't get it oh well. They also asked about the collection I had which I told them was in dispute with my insurance company as well.

Just got the e-mail saying "Congrats" and to fax a copy of my pay stub and of course to be sure to join. :p Ok people, I have never had to send my paystub in to anyone so it feels weird. Do I need to block anything out??? Is all this information on my stub necessary for them to view???? I mean under pre-tax and after tax it's shows what medical I am paying for. Also marital status, exemptions. I also don't wan't to cause anymore delay on getting this card. Oh?? and does anyone know what amount I need to join with? Advise please??

Congrats RMuse!

I just re-read this whole thread and the faxing of the paystub seems to be pretty standard with them - some have even had to fax utility bills and other stuff!

Looks like some have opened an account with them with as little as $20.

Alright, I'm going to take the plunge! Will report back.

:BigDance:

WTG, Muse!

I haven't read the whole thread in a while....did you have to open a savings account?

I wonder if you can ask Hooters for reconsideration??

:lol: It has been in the back of my mind. Since i got denied, I now have a Macy's $100, Crown Jewelers $1500 but haven't even started that account going and might not, and now Patelco $500. I'm sure if I let these age a little I can re-apply. In the e-mail approving me Patelco asked that I go online and join but when I did, there was a system error so I was going to wait until after I fax most recent pay stub and then I'm going to call to join over the phone. This way I can make sure they do NOT lose paperwork. :)

:goodluck: I'm pulling for you BayStateMom!

I have a Signature Line of Credit with Patelco for 4K and I'm thinking of using it. I've browsed their site to find out how to get the $$ out but I can't find anything about how to get the $$. I called but they are in CA so I have to wait till they open in 1.5 hrs, so impatient me can't wait.... :( Anyone knows?

Thanks.

I have a Signature Line of Credit with Patelco for 4K and I'm thinking of using it. I've browsed their site to find out how to get the $$ out but I can't find anything about how to get the $$. I called but they are in CA so I have to wait till they open in 1.5 hrs, so impatient me can't wait.... :( Anyone knows?

Thanks.

To answer my own question for future inquiries, I called them and they do overnight via Fedex which would have cost $65 to FL!!!!:shock: or wire transfer that will get to my bank within 24 hrs, at a cost of $18...I'll take door #2!:lol:

I went through the same process it took about 2 1/2 weeks after I mailed my information back to them. :)

About this time last year, we applied for a Patelco Visa while opening a checking account. They pulled CR like twice and asked for additional documents. We sent additional documents. No response. Like a month later we called to ask and they said "you never applied for credit with us". Yeah umm....

So we have a Patelco checking acct with about $100 in it.

About this time last year, we applied for a Patelco Visa while opening a checking account. They pulled CR like twice and asked for additional documents. We sent additional documents. No response. Like a month later we called to ask and they said "you never applied for credit with us". Yeah umm....

So we have a Patelco checking acct with about $100 in it.

Wow! I had a similar experience, except I actually got the loan. I had started to fill out the form and then cancelled out of it, never clicked on continue. 3 days later I get an email saying I had been approved for a Signature Credit Line of 4K....AT first I was fuming, but then I figured what the heck, they already did the inquiry, might as well get the loan. And it just came in handy for some home renovations.

But I guess it's something to watch out for when filling out forms and cancelling out. When I called and I told them they were clueless about it!!!!

Well.. I applied with them last night. Got email today that it was declined.

They pulled Experian which is my highest score (616 right now) but I do have one very very very old collection for 133 bucks.

So I called them for reconsideration and talked to their loan dept. I explained the lady how I would love to be memeber of their great organization and that I would love to build a good relationship and I was wondering why they declined me. She right away asked me:" Do you know about that collection on your report" .. I said..: Well yes I do maam, but this is soooo old and is sooo tiny. I even disputed it with the evil Experian but they won't budge" She them proceeded to type something... she said that she will send it to the underwriters again. 5 minutes on hold with her... chit chatting.. she said..."They approved you... it's ONLY 2000 dollars" LOL ONLY?!?!

Now, she told me that after 6 months, I can call them back for increase. She said to take care of that collection because this is what they are looking at when they approve accounts. She said that it is hard to give a loan for them, especially unsecured when a person has a collection..

So my advice, if you have a collection, don't apply. Of if you do have one that is small, and you get declined... call them up and ask for reconsideration. They are really "people friendly" and if you explain the situation, they will listen. I like that. I like that they are not looking strictly at the score but at the person as well.

So now, I have to fax them my singed application (not sure where the heck I am gonna get that from) my driver's license, my utility bill and paystub.

Did you guys have to fax them filled out application? They dont' have one that I can print out. She said they need my signature. I printed out the one that you use to submit it on line but there is no signature field.