Three strikes

natural

I have a 1x30 late payment showing up on my Eq, TU bureaus. I contacted my bank, and was told it was bank error. I had the bank send in a letter to both CRA's and the item was deleted. One month later it's back on both my reports. I called EQ, and was told to call the bank and have them remove the item from their tape. I called the bank and relayed the message. One month later the same 1x30 late is still showing up. I called Eq today and was told they could investigate only once more, and this would be the third and final time. What should I do to make certain this item is removed from my report. Should I send a "never late" letter to the bank CRRR, and send copies to both CRA'S?

Go to the Bank personally and speak to the Branch Manager directly. Take your CR's with you along with all correspondence and notes of who you talked to. This should get their attention and solve the problem. More than likely, they forgot to delete it from their tape. Put the blame in their lap so this won;t happen again.