NCO Success!

IngridA

Well, I just got back my letter from NCO (see my previous post) and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced account [NOTE: they "miraculously" found the acount number with the reference number I had provided to them in the original letter - so I had them right where I wanted them.] Please be advised that the above-referenced account is closed in our office.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus with which we do business with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account from your credit profile for social security number xxx-xx-xxxx. Please be advised that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. cannot affect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Very truly yours,

Sharon A. Wander

Compliance Department

I would have NEVER have had the GUTS to question this without the help and information I've found on this forum. Thanks to all!

BTW, how long should I wait before I check with the CRAs to see if it has been deleted. Should I send a letter to the CRA to demand removal and make a copy of this letter and send it to them?

Thanks again!

Ingrid