Completely Clean - Finally!

tarheel99

I did my typical daily PG pull this morning and SURPRISE, what did I see? More accurately, what did I not see? My last remaining negative listing.

A CO from MBNA on EX, that refused to budge no matter what I did, was gone. I had resigned myself to just waiting this one out but it has finally disappeared - about 5 months earlier than expected.

I have been on this board since May 2003 and I worked hard for the first 9 months or so to get everything negative removed from all three CRAs except that last TL on EX.

Today, I am finally completely clean!

Here is my journey:

EQ Then (May 2003): <-----> EQ Now (Aug 2004):

5 Inquiries <----->1 Inquiry

5 Negative OC Accts <-----> No Negative OC Accts

3 CA Accts <-----> No CA Accts

120 days late on student loan <-----> No late accounts

EX Then (May 2003): <-----> EX Now (Aug 2004):

2 Inquiries <-----> 1 Inquiry

4 Negative OC Accts <-----> No Negative OC Accts

2 CA Accts <-----> No CA Accts

60 days late on student loan <-----> No late accounts

TU Then (May 2003): <-----> TU Now (Aug 2004):

2 Inquiries <-----> 1 Inquiry

4 Negative OC Accts <-----> No negative OC Accts

2 CA Accts <-----> No CA Accts

120 days late on student loan <-----> No late accounts

Additonally, I have been able to cancel my Cap 1 and Direct Merchants Bank secured accounts and have opened accts with Bank One, Fleet and Citibank - all with limits above $5,000 and interest rates below 9%.

I have officially exited the tunnel and I am waiting to see the rest of you join me. Be patient and persistent, and you too will be in my shoes soon.

Keep up the fight!

I see your FACE scores went from 548 to 722 in 5 months. That's great. Is this pretty typical as far as results go? When I did my first round of disputes my mid score was 520. I had over 30 negatives, a bankruptcy, a involuntary reposession, and seeral charge offs. I'm now down to 6 collections, a BK, and an involuntary reposession. My mid is now 596. I was wondering if you'd care to speculate on how much my score would jump if I could remoe the BK or the Involuntary reposession?

Congrats on finally having perfect credit.

Congrats. I feel I'll be joining you soon. I still have a few negs, but all but one are paid off, and I have disputed them as PAID IN FULL so I hope they are removed, and I had a judgement come off my report sometime this week too. was NOT expectig that, but it was reported as the wrong courthouse, so I dispouted it, and to my suprize, it is gone!

aside form the ones that are paid (and still on the report, but disputed) I'll have ONE neg entry, and the SOL is up on that in Jan, so I just need to wait it out.

Thanks to this site for helping me get back on track (and for my new Orchard card too!!)