Name & Adress Verification

saskia3

my boy friend wants to dispute 2BK,1 late payment ,10 misspelled adresses,4 missspelled names and 1 wrong employer's name.

Is it OK to dispute all of them at once or would it be better to dispute the names and adresses first? And since I don't know when the wrong last employers name was reported,I don't know which docment to show proof of the correct spelling of the last employer.

The variations of names and adresses are from Ex only. So should he write to EX with a copy of his Driver's license or should he contact all of his OCs?

I'm a little bit confused because I read retmar saying to "contact each OC you have ever dealt with who is still reporting monthly"and Menthus saying

"to contact CRAs"

Also, is sending a dispute letter to the CRA by CMRRR more effective than disputing on line?

Thank you for your reply!!!

Should he send a letter requesting FIRST for the "source" of each false item of information, contact the OCs and dispute them with CRAs??

or

Is just disputing the names & adresses with the CRA's enough?

And would I get a faster response from EX requesting the source of each false items by phone than sending a request by CMRRR or doing it on line?

i had no prob just calling and disputing an incorrect name and address. others mail in.

BUT, what retmar was saying with contacting the OCs is; if they are still currently reporting, and do not have your real name and/or address, next time they report the information will go straight back onto the report.

so, if you know a current OC has a wrong address, you need to correct it with them to stop the wrong information rereporting.

BUT, if it was a CA reporting you may be able to then get that CA listing deleted coz they dont have the correct address.

the CRAs report what they are told to report by an OC or CA, the only time a old good account would update is if

1. the OC reports an update, or

2. you dispute the information with the CRA and the CRA then contacts the OC and the OC replies.

so if you do not dispute any good old account it should just stay where it is and say the same thing it always said.

if your old good account is tied to an address you are trying to delete, then contact the OC directly with your updated address, so if/when they report they will only report the address you want them to report.

i guess i should also add that the way things disappear from your credit report is;

1. whoever is reporting asks the CRA to delete it

2. you dispute the information to the CRA and the CRA is unable to verify the information

3. if it is negative information it should disappear by itself after 7 years

if your old good account is tied to an address you are trying to delete, then contact the OC directly with your updated address, so if/when they report they will only report the address you want them to report

Since My boyfriend is not sure which name and adress are tied to which OCs, should he request the source of of each false item from CRAs first then?

there are a few ways you could do it.

you could just go ahead and dispute all old addresses and see which ones come back, then ask the CRA who reported that info.

or you could ask CRA first whos reporting, go change your address with those OCs then dispute the old addresses with CRAs.

or, you could contact the OCs and ask them what address they have, then change it if they have an old one, then dispute the old addresses with the CRA.

dont know if any way is faster, tho i would think option one.

saskia3, what you are doing when you contact each of your creditors is assuring thay have only your current address and correct spelling of your name, such as First Name, Middle Initial, and Last Name on their tape. Let's say you have a positive TL that is 5 yrs old, but, has 3 different addresses on it. You do not want this at all, and, no variations of any sort on your name, such as a shortened version of your first name. Remember, many companines, corporations, and CA's report monthly by electronic tape. If you get it deleted this month, more than likely it will be back next month. Another reason behind this is when you dispute with the CRA, they will supply your addresses to a CA, who will match it with the account and verify, but, if they don't have it, many times it will be deleted. As was mentioned above, you won't be disputing a positive TL anyway, and, you also don't want to give an edge to a CA.