Question regarding acct on CR

bcp

First let me say that I have been lurking here for a few weeks and got a lot of great info, thanks to the board for that! This is my first post. I am in the process of trying to clean up my credit reports. One of the things that I have come across showing up on all my reports is an account that is solely my wife's account showing up as joint on my CR. The account is in good standing, never late. The balance is ~$6,000, from the total borrowed of ~$8,000. I have other open accounts in good standing showing credit available and a history of good payments. I have recently paid down my revolving (CC) accts and it is helping my scores. Should I have this removed from my CRs, or leave it. I am thinking to remove it, because it lowers my total debt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.